Nearly 100 Years of Legal Service
Our firm was founded by T. Brooke Howard in 1923. We have been providing exceptional legal service for our clients.
Daniel J. Bounds
Daniel Bounds is an Associate Attorney at Howard, Clark & Howard PLLC. His practice focuses on criminal defense, industrial hemp, and family law.
A graduate of Louisiana State University's Paul M. Herbert Law Center, Daniel held numerous legal positions throughout law school. He clerked for the East Baton Rouge Office of the Public Defender, the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality, and the Honorable Jeffrey W. Parker of the 20th Judicial Circuit of Virginia.
Prior to joining the firm, Daniel earned his B.A. in History from Virginia Tech in 2011. Although Daniel had always considered practicing law, he postponed his eventual life as an attorney in order to continue a proud family tradition: serving in the United States Marine Corps.
Daniel joined the Marines in 2012, serving in both active duty and reserve roles, the latter of which continues to this day. As a Marine, Daniel received his commission after completing Officer Candidate School in Quantico, Virginia. He currently holds the rank of Captain as a Combat Engineer.
In between Daniel's stints on active duty and during his time as a Marine reservist, Daniel worked for numerous companies in the private sector ranging from consulting to defense contracting.
Daniel met his wife, Susan, shortly after leaving active duty in the Marines. It was during that time Daniel decided to finally pursue his goal of becoming an attorney. Daniel and Susan moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana in 2016 so Daniel could attend law school. He would eventually earn his Juris Doctor degree from LSU, but not before spending his final year of law school at George Mason as a visiting student.
A longtime resident of Warrenton, Virginia, Daniel J. Bounds is proud to return home and practice law in the town he knows and loves. With a diverse professional and military background, clients know when they hire Daniel, they can trust they will be passionately represented by an attorney who is always ready to go to battle on their behalf.
- Business Law
- Industrial Hemp Law
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Traffic Offenses
- United States Marine Corps, 2012 to 2019
- Logis-Tech, Inc., 2013 to 2019
- Honorable Jeffrey W. Parker of the 20th Judicial Circuit of Virginia, 2018
- Turbitt, Leach & Crum PLLC, 2017 to 2018
- Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ), 2018
- East Baton Rouge Office of the Public Defender, 2017
- Alion Science and Technology, 2015 to 2016
- LKQ Corporation, 2015
- InCadence Strategic Solutions Corporation, 2011 to 2012
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2019
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia
- B.A. - 2011
- Major: History
- George Mason University, Antonin Scalia Law School