Nearly 100 Years of Legal Service
Our firm was founded by T. Brooke Howard in 1923. We have been providing exceptional legal service for our clients.
When Child Custody Issues Arise, We Will Help
When children are part of a marriage and subsequent divorce, things can get complicated.
Where will the child live? What parent will get primary custody? Or is joint custody an option? Child custody and visitation arrangements take patience, compromise and an experienced attorney.
The Law Offices of Howard, Clark & Howard in Warrenton, Virginia, is an experienced family law firm. For nearly a century, we have represented parents who are going through a divorce and seek the best possible outcome in child custody and visitation. This is a delicate situation that requires a steady hand. We’re knowledgeable, caring and effective.
The Many Factors A Judge Considers
When determining custody and visitation, judges review many factors. The main one is the child’s best interests. Other issues addressed include:
- The child’s needs
- The child’s age as well as the physical and mental condition
- Each parent’s age as well as the physical and mental condition
- The relationship between the child and each parent
- The role each parent has played and will play in the care of the children
- Whether each parent supports the child’s relationship with the other parent
- The willingness of each parent to maintain a close relationship with the child
- The ability of each parent to cooperate and resolve disputes in matters related to the child
- The preference of the child for where he or she would prefer to live
- Any history of family abuse, including child abuse and domestic violence
We are results-driven and hope to achieve a smooth transition as possible but also a favorable outcome for you.
Call An Assertive Lawyer For A Free Consultation
Divorce cases can grow complicated when children are part of a marriage. Our lawyers will advocate for you in child custody and visitation matters. The Law Offices of Howard, Clark & Howard in Warrenton, Virginia, is empathetic, compassionate and assertive. Our family law firm provides free consultations. Please contact us or call us at 540-340-3776.